Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Handmade For Dad

As everyone knows Father's Day is Sunday June 16th.
My Dad has got to be the hardest Father to buy for in the world! (Well, maybe not the world,might be a little exaggeration here), but he is SO hard to buy for.
My parents get what they want through the year, all year long.
How in the world do you buy something for them?
I can't afford him a personal star named after him,or some elaborate gift such as that. Who came up with that idea anyway? None one owns the stars, so they shouldn't be allowed to make money from "buying" one. Just my personal belief of course.
Anyway, I was browsing through all the handmade items on Etsy.
Handmade is the best gifts you can give anyone. You can find one of a kinds that no one else will have but him.

If your Dad is no longer with you a good idea is to do what we do for my husband on Mother's Day. We get his Mom and my Grandmother balloons, write a note, and send them off. It makes you feel you are still honoring them. I wrote a blog and posted pictures on Mother's Day about that.

I love the team I am in on Etsy, Promotional Frenzy Team. I personally feel we have some of the best handmade artist on this team, so I am posting some great pictures with the items that some of them created.

At the end of the pictures will be a link to a Treasury I made with more of these very talented members items. I will also have a link with all the members names and stores, so you can browse more awesome gift ideas.
I am sure you will find something special for your Dad, that you wont find in the stores..

                       
                  
                                              Unisex Rings From AlexdHaro

                                   
                       
                                           Beaded Ribbon Key Chain -AlyxAndreaDesigns

                                       
Handmade Wooden Beer Tap -BillsWoodenPleasures


                                         
                                 
                                                          Patriotic Cozy Mug- stinkRknits

                                                

                                            Fishing Boat Photography- NewCreationNZ

                                      

                                               Beer Garden Sign-House Of Ariella

                                         
                             
                                              Unisex Crystal Quartz Necklace-BijiBijoux

                              
                                     
                                                 I Phone Case 5-JustforJoyCreatons

                                      
                                                   
                     
                                       Great skin care for your Him-AltaSkinCare

                                     
                       
                                                Salt Dough Heart-cookiedoughcreations

                                        
                                                     Spirit Stone Courage-CalliopeAZCreations







                                     
                                              


                                        

These last three are by me (Gina's Corner Crafts.) The first one is made from a vintage button cover, the second is a handmade wood bird house, and the last one is a tool belt buckle


There are so many more beautiful designed handmade items, but I can't put them all here. That is why I am including the link to my treasury plus the link that will take you to all the wonderful members of Promotional Frenzy Teams.. ENJOY!

Treasury Link -Because He's Special: https://www.etsy.com/treasury/MjE0MjkzODF8MjcyMTk5MjUxNQ/because-hes-special?index=0&atr_uid=

Members Link https://www.etsy.com/teams/7512/promotional-frenzy-team/members

13 comments:

  1. Great collection of finds for fathers day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful collection! I'm sure everyone can find whatever they need for their father right here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Blog post Gina.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for including our tap handle here with other great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Father's Day finds! Thank you for including my beer garden print. My dad is super hard to buy for too, but I can usually find something great for him on Etsy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great collection of Father's Day gifts! Also love the balloon idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post for Father's Day! Love the ideas...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the idea of sending off balloons for fathers day

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great and wonderful gift guide ideas for dad in PFT :) Thanks for sharing my unisex necklace in your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some very nice finds. I too like the balloons idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful guide and wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete