Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Tomorrow's Halloween.. Thanksgiving is Coming

WOW, Time surely does fly.
It is already the end of the month, and Halloween is tomorrow.

Halloween was always fun when my kids were small, and I miss those times!
All kids love Halloween, and my hubby, who is a big kid still loves it.

I don't know how many of you are "Walking Dead" fans, but we are. I use to never like anything that scared me, because like a kid, I would have bad dreams afterwards.
I don't know what it is about the "Walking Dead" that captures my attention.

For Halloween where we live, there is a hay ride where you can  kill zombies with a paint gun, while riding on the back of the wagon. 
My husband, Fred, wants to go.. So I said yes.
My kids are getting a big kick out of me going to kill zombies for Halloween. They know I am a kid at heart though. Isn't that a great way to stay young?
I must have gotten that from my parents, because they are so young for 75 yr olds.
Last time we visited, my Mother went riding in the woods with all of us, on the back of their four wheeler. I want to be able to do that at 75!

We visit them every Thanksgiving, where I was raised in Ms/La
There a lots of thick woods and trails to ride through in Ms.  
I guess that's why I love being out in nature. I was basically raised tromping through woods, and  I start having nature withdrawals in the Winter. 
When we visit this year, I better get my fill, because it stays pretty much warm in the Deep South, where I was raised, but not where I am living now.
I remember one year at  Christmas it was in the 70's! 
I like snow at Christmas time though, and when I lived in Oregon, I looked forward to that time of the year, when the snow started falling, filling everything with such pristine whiteness. It made everything seem so clean and new! 

We all know how fast Christmas comes after Thanksgiving!

I will be having a sale in my Etsy shop soon for the Christmas Holiday Season,  so please be looking for it. I'm not sure yet how much I will be offering off, but there will be a great discount on everything!

The team I am on,"Promotional Frenzy Team" is giving away free prizes in a drawing at the same time, so I will be posting more on that and how you can enter. There will be LOTS of great gifts to win for Christmas!

Enjoy your Halloween, and remember to keep  your kiddies safe by making sure to check their candy before they eat it. 
It's sad we have to do that, but that is the kind of times we are living in now. 
It's best they are made aware of how to be safe. 
Let them also know their costumes need to be bright, or some kind of reflectors on them, so the traffic can see them.

The link to my  Etsy shop where I have nice vintage items, flowers  made from pencil shavings, woodwork creations and lots of various eclectic crafts is
Ginascornercrafts.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment